Saturday, September 3, 2011

How does she do it?

I don't know how she does it, but Ann Voskamp has put words to my thoughts...again. 


 When perfectionism and to do lists are overwhelming, Ann's blog post is well worth the read.  Or maybe I'm the only one who gets overwhelmed.

At the end of the day, Ann tells her husband:

“I guess it’s just coming to realize…” I lean back into him and I didn’t know the words until they slipped out true, “God doesn’t ask me to be perfect; He asks me to praise.”
I don’t have to have smudgeless windows and empty laundry baskets and gleamy toilet bowls! I don’t have to have a perfect life, all problems solved! I think I hear the Hallelujah chorus!
I simply need have a grateful heart to give Him glory.

Gratitude in all things is the only thing God asks.
Can I take each seeming problem and turn it back to praise?
That alone is the one thing needful.
As I go into the next week of starting school "full time" and all the busy-ness that the next ten months hold, I'm praying that I can indeed turn it all back to praise.  That I don't get caught up in trying to be perfect.  That I will take the time to be fully present with those around me, especially the ones I live with.  

22.  A centerpiece of pretty weeds, arranged by my youngest daughter.
23. My oldest's soccer game.
24. Cooking dinner for my husband and family.
25. Laundry, dishes, dirty floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment