Tuesday, September 7, 2010

33:30

Yup, that's how long it took me to run my first EVER 5K!  I'm pretty darn proud of that time!  The race was definitely a blessing from God.  First of all, I ran with three great encouragers.  Steve and Joanne helped to set the pace, while Sharon and I ran fairly easily several steps behind. Second, the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  The sun was shining, but the air was dry and cool.  Every now and then we'd get a bit of a breeze.  Third, my left shin and heel did not hurt.  At. all.  For the whole race!  Fourth, my family was waiting at the finish line with hugs and kisses.  What better reward is there?  Last, but certainly not least, I achieved all the goals I had set for myself.  That was the victory.

The only picture of this whole adventure is one I just took of my number.  I know, I know, I should have gotten a group photo or something, but my mind was totally on the race, not on getting a photo for this blog!  (Sorry Lisa T.!)


Sometimes, I get a little melancholy after reaching a goal I have been working towards.  I have that feeling of "now what?!"  Well, I am going to keep on keeping on.  This is by no means the finish line.  It's really the beginning of a new life!  One where I'm living life abundantly!  Therefore, my continuing goals are to honor God in all that I do for it is Him that I am serving.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24

I'm looking forward to the next adventure...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah.. So proud of what you have accomplished... Keep up the good work!!!!
    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. That is great and must feel really good.

    ReplyDelete