Friday, April 16, 2010

Artistic Pursuits



We are using this book for Art:


One of the things I really like about this curriculum is that it introduces many media types. Today, we used gouache paint for the first time. I've never heard of it and never would have just picked it up on my own to try. But the colors are bright and vibrant.

Another reason I chose to use Artistic Pursuits, is that I can teach art! I'm not artistic or creative, but the girls really love to draw, paint, sculpt, etc. So, with each lesson, they are learning art history, learning about different artists, and methods of creating art.

Here are the artists and their creations:











4 comments:

  1. They look great! Were they copying a picture or did those come from their imaginations?

    Rach's sideview of a person is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! We were discussing Impressionist artists, so their assignment was to paint a scene of the world they live in, people they live with, or the places they go. The scenes they chose are all their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, Heather!! I have bookmarked it with my favorite blogs!! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Karen! That means alot :)

    ReplyDelete